Rehabilitation Program & Track?

Home Forums General Discussion Forum Rehabilitation Program & Track?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      DrewD
      Participant

Greetings fellow runners.  I new to the board and appreciate all the support and perspective you folks have provided thus far.  I’m a 48 yr old master
      [See the full post at: Rehabilitation Program & Track?]

Rhys
      Participant

I had exactly the same, loads of people doing amazing things 5k and above but nothing explosive. Did feel a bit lost leading up to the op and briefly afterwards. 7 months later I was sprinting. I took it slowly, saw a strength and conditioning coach who understood rehab and who worked on building the foundations needed to sprint. Saw him twice a week from 3 months and did what he said religiously between sessions. Had a couple of set backs when I pushed too hard (never when following James’ stuff)
      See the posts on here http://hiprunner.com/?p=13651
      Rhys

Rhys
      Participant

Below is what I followed up with later in the season. All in all I’m back pretty much where I was previously for Beach Flags (see youtube). The season ended with me winning my age group titles again at Cornish (45+) , Welsh (40+) and British Champs (45+). Also raced the Open champs, still competitive against the young guys, 3rd in local Cornish Champs.

Beach Flags Cornish Open Champs final 3

Good luck

Rhys

With the racing season nearly over (one more race!!) time to reflect back on what has been an amazing 10 months. From surgery on the 6th of December, not knowing exactly what I’d be able to do after, to now, seems a lifetime. I’m sprinting, swimming, playing tennis, beach volleyball, surfing, racing as hard as ever, PAIN FREE!!
      With the support of everyone round me, Jodie, the kids, Holywell Bay SLSC, Mark Norton and James Owen I’m still doing the things I love and I might even be sprinting faster. Now the only problem is the youngsters getting faster and I’m getting older!
      My hip replacement has been brilliant. It’s been hard work- 2 strength and conditioning sessions a week from March, daily exercise and 3 steps forward one step back. BUT, it’s been an amazing journey. If you are in any doubt about having the surgery, put your energy into thinking and planning about what you WILL be able to do (pain free) rather than what you won’t.

Rhys
      Participant

Cornish Open Champs Beach Flags final 3. My surgeon Mark Norton looking on!!

Rhys
      Participant

/

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.