oldspeed – about me

Home Forums General Discussion Forum oldspeed – about me

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      oldspeed
      Participant

Hi All, I am new to this site and this is my first post. My situation is a bit different to most on this site in that I am a Masters Sprinter (60, 100
      [See the full post at: oldspeed – about me]

WedgeC
      Participant

Hello oldspeed and wanted to share my story regarding “shorter” distances. I have done LOTS of mileage over the years including ultras and up to 100-milers. As I aged and particularly as my hips began to bother me (upper 40’s) I moved more away from marathon and beyond to half marathons and 10k’s/5k’s. Then had a THR at age 49… I’ve returned to running including a few ultras but over time and in keeping TOTAL HEALTH AND WELLNESS more front of mind, the lure of going back to “much shorter” interested me… in November ‘23 I entered my first track meet since 1989 lol…the 400, 800, and 1500. I was happy and please to run 68, 2:34, and 5:25 respectively. One month later I entered another and went 67, 2:32, and 5:23 respectively. Now I am hooked!!! Have another in 2 weeks but am not running the 400 as I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m not best geared for it…. So I can’t comment on your shorter distances, BUT CAN TELL YOU FOR SURE FROM MY EXPERIENCE-YOU CAN GET FASTER!!! My THR joint at this point feels little of difference than a “natural” other than just a tad more stiff. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.