NYC Marathon

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      bkohut
      Participant

Ran NYC Marathon on Sunday, November 4th as a proud member of Michelob Ultra’s #TeamULTRA with 2 Total Hip Replacements.  What a crazy experience!  No
      [See the full post at: NYC Marathon]

Carolyn
      Participant

CONGRATULATIONS! Great photos, they say it perfectly. We bionic folks can get back in the game, after all!

Robyn4273
      Participant

That’s great & Congratulations!!! I would love to hear details of your training and any issues you had and overcame.
      I am 7 months post THR. I started running again about 12 weeks post THR and will begin training for a half marathon in a couple of weeks.
      WTG!!!

Hip Brother Tom
      Keymaster

Awesome photo and great GREAT job! What an accomplishment! You are doing the Hip Runners Proud Bryant!

Felicity
      Participant

Woo Hoo. Well done to you. Brilliant achievement. Let us know what your training was. I also have both hips replaced and would love to do another marathon in a good time.

Dave Whiteside
      Participant

Nice sub 4 hour finish Bryant, great job. Hip Runner nation is strong.

bkohut
      Participant

Thank you all! It has been a great year as I had also completed an Ironman in June so I had a great base to start my marathon training in late July. I kept up my swimming but was glad to get off the bike for a while. I was initially “hoping” to train for a 3:35 Boston qualifier but in August I ran into some serious heel/plantar fasciitis issues that spread into knee and glute pain.. arghh! It helped to step off the speed work and just concentrate on bi weekly long runs. I started with a decent base of 30 miles or so a week and built to several 45 mile weeks with two 20 mile long runs in there. My training included some good stretching and tons of foam roller work. I will say that I have not had any hip pain at all (knock on wood) and miraculously my plantar fasciitis seems to have faded since the race just 2 days ago. Who knows? My next race is the Last Chance 50K trail race here in Charleston on December 1st!

TAM
      Participant

Wow! Congratulations you give me hope.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.