Back Running 11 weeks Post Op

Home Forums General Discussion Forum Back Running 11 weeks Post Op

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Citationinsp
      Participant

I found this site last week when I googled “running with a hip replacement”. Back in April 2018 I was running 8 miles a day and then I hurt my back. H
      [See the full post at: Back Running 11 weeks Post Op]

Felicity
      Participant

It’s a great feeling isn’t it to be back on the road. You’re doing so well!! I’ve had both my hips replaced and I still run. Busy training now for a half marathon. I’m about 20 years older than you but age is just a number in your head. Just take each day as it comes. You’ll have good days and not so good days,just listen to your body. Good luck and happy running.

Hip Brother Tom
      Keymaster

Glad you found us Citation! The mantra of this site (and you wil hear it frequently) is to listen to the hip. Rest when it tells you to and then get back at it. You will have many days of running ahead of you.

Dave Whiteside
      Participant

So glad you found this site and was inspired. It’s helped so many people, including me, to try things we would never have thought possible. I’m trying my first 100 miler in January. Anything is possible, you just have to be careful, do some cross training and listen to your body. Good luck.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.