Anyone else?

Home Forums General Discussion Forum Anyone else?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      DellaK
      Participant

About 4 1/2 months out from left total hip replacement and doing a very gentle half hour jog (really a walk with a bounce).  The only discomfort that
      [See the full post at: Anyone else?]

Almighty Bob
      Participant

It might be worth analysing your gait. For a while after my THR, I still had a limp. Even when I thought the limp had been pretty much dealt with, I was actually still a little lopsided. This, coincidentally enough, was causing knee pain in the opposite leg, and even some lower back pain. I had to force myself to learn to enjoy strength training, correcting any remaining muscle imbalances. It might also be a good idea to slow down on some of your walks and focus on perfect form. It helped me loads.

WedgeC
      Participant

Oh yes – I’d imagine pretty common and certainly in my case. Your new mechanical side is likely throwing your old side off a bit… causing some compensation. And-or your “natural” side isn’t too far behind your replaced side and is likely arthritic and may need replaced some day. I’d bet this is pretty normal! No worries just handle it!

WedgeC
      Participant

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about! While I have been able to run pretty well following my THR, it is “different”..
      My Replaced side seams longer however when you actually look at the x-ray and lengths and distances from hip to ankle, I am the same. I believe it is how my body had been compensating over the years. so since my hip replacement, now, 3.5 years ago, I feel more pressure on my right side and right hip… The length of the left “pushing onto” my right. I am sure I will need my right hip replaced in the next five years, but that was probably an inevitability, given my lifestyle of activities and genetics.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.