Any input on Mako Robotic Surgery?

Home Forums General Discussion Forum Any input on Mako Robotic Surgery?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mpstearns
      Participant

Greetings, I am new to this site. I am a 55-year old masters runner scheduled for hip surgery next month. I ran an 18:03 5k last year, but I have adva
      [See the full post at: Any input on Mako Robotic Surgery?]

runnergreg
      Participant

Hi Michael, I realized that I just asked a similar question to the group. After I asked I found the following link, you should be able to open a PDF file:

http://journalhss.com/wp-content/uploads/jhss31_37-48.pdf

This study indicates that the benefits are inconclusive. I will use this information as I make my own decision on which way to go. All the best, Greg

mpstearns
      Participant

Thanks for replying, Greg.

I see your other thread.

I am going with the mini-posterior non-Mako surgery next Tuesday.

I am not viewing it as necessarily the ideal choice, but given all my circumstances, it seems like the best option for me right now.

We will see how it goes.

I wish you the best with your surgery and related decisions.

Regards,
      Michael

runnergreg
      Participant

Michael, best of luck next Tuesday! Please let us know how it goes! I have scheduled my own right THR for Feb 27. I will be in Florida most of this month which is one reason why I scheduled my surgery for the time that I did. I am hoping that the warm weather helps my joints and I hope to be able to take some leisurely walks on the beach without pain. My surgeon has not finalized his suggestion and won’t until I have a CT scan of my hip early next month. Right now he is talking an anterior THR for me. Take care, Greg

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.