5 days into young THR

Home Forums General Discussion Forum 5 days into young THR

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Benhughes29
      Participant

I’m becoming a bit of a regular poster on here. I’m hope it’s not too much spam for the experienced hipsters – I’m hoping it’s more helpful for young,
      [See the full post at: 5 days into young THR]

Benhughes29
      Participant
      Petemeads
      Participant

Hi Ben, are you in the UK? Don’t worry about long posts, it’s all good information for the prospective and recent patient. My Zimmer ceramic THR will be 3 years old in May. At 5 days my leg was like a treetrunk (log-leg as others describe it), full of fluid and bruising, and walking with 2 crutches was slow and painful. Before 6 weeks was out I had run my first 5k in relative comfort, albeit slowly. It is a very steady recovery day-on-day, I used my Garmin to log my daily efforts and walked or indoor biked every day a bit further and usually faster. I’m twice your age so I don’t have the worry about the life of the implant, plus ceramic will not wear out anyway!
      This time next week the pain will have gone, hopefully, and you will be surprised just how much better things become. Keep walking!

Pete, in Leicester

Hip Brother Tom
      Keymaster

Hi Ben,

Never worry about posting too much. This site stays alive and current thanks to your efforts. Over time, as you heal, this recovery pain will go away. You are staying optimistic “Oh I will run again…” which is fantastic. Thanks for posting and good luck on your recovery!
      Hip Brother Tom

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.