2 Hip Brothers complete races

Home Forums Progress Reports and Achievements 2 Hip Brothers complete races

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      dascott55
      Participant

12 weeks post op and I completed another half marathon (I’m on the right).  I’m not sure I’d recommend running a half this soon post op.  My hip and t
      [See the full post at: 2 Hip Brothers complete races]

Dave Whiteside
      Participant

Great job guys. I remember doing my first 5K race about 4 months post op. It’s amazing what you can achieve, don’t set any limits but always be mindful about how your hip feels. I’ve had 2 injuries that lasted about a year by pushing too hard and racing too often, now I try to take better care of myself. Cross training, strength and flexibility are all important. Good luck on your journeys.

Hip Brother Tom
      Keymaster

Nice work guys! Great to see 2 hiprunners running together. Your advice will be well received. It is possible to run a half marathon that soon but a bit more recovery time will make you feel stronger when you do attempt it. Even so, nice work on getting back out there and running!

Wizzzard
      Participant

Good work hipbrothers, iam dubbelhippie and run Budapest marathon after 38 days, this thursday i run a doubblemarathon The second seven minutes better then nr 1, my goal 2019 is 24 marathon, and have done 10 already, keep on runnig brothers/best regards Anders

dascott55
      Participant

Hi All,

Thank you for the kind replies. I waited 8 weeks before returning to running as recommended by the doctor. Nothing high impact for 8 weeks while the healing is taking place. That means I did the race after running for only 4 weeks. Also, I had a 60 mile week just before the race. I was running 35 miles per week prior to surgery (5 miles/day everyday). It was too much too soon. I’m pretty sore after running today even after taking 4 days off.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.