Reply To: New Hip Incoming

Home Forums General Discussion Forum New Hip Incoming Reply To: New Hip Incoming

JohnG237
Participant

So here I am, 2 days post Left THR – discharged from hospital with an uncemented stem and a ceramic on polyethylene bearing now holding me up.

I have been extremely lucky so far pain-wise with no need for high-power pain relief (but I have plenty put by just in case the pain does kick in), just paracetamol & ibuprofen – yes the wound & joint feel a little sore, but the constant nagging aches & pains from the worn out joint are a thing of the past.

Now the fun really starts – and for me that is not doing too much and measuring my recovery progress – I must learn to listen to my body and not push through (yet) like in the good old, bad old days. Any suggestions on what might help would be much appreciated. Any swimmers reading this? When did you take the (virtual) leap back into the water?

First outside walk just now (about 350m around the cul-de-sac I live on) has told me what I can do right now – and I think I’ll sleep well tonight as a result. Building little but often seems to be the order of the day in these early stages – next main target is my 6-week Consultant review and getting signed off to drive again.