Reply To: Posterior THR recovery experiences

Home Forums General Discussion Forum Posterior THR recovery experiences Reply To: Posterior THR recovery experiences

JohnG237
Participant

I hear you on the sleep front … that’s the hardest bit for me. I am in constant discomfort, even sitting I’m aware of the hip, and some movements are sharp reminders of the problem!

So I’m going early for my THR – I could probably eek a few more months out of the original, but I don’t want to end up in a position where I’m *really* struggling. I had a cortisone injection in July – and it was fine for about 8 weeks, but then dropped off the edge of a cliff (after I’d completed a Wolf Run – 10k of mud, water & obstacles).

After that my consultant said it was either manage with pain relief or have the replacement. I’m not a fan of pumping my body full of drugs (especially ones you could get dependent upon), so opted for surgery as the solution.

That’s when I really started investigating post-THR exercise & running, and this site gives me great optimism that I’ll at least be able to get back to something that approximates to running – right now I’d be happy with a 5k jog/shuffle.