Reply To: SarahH – 8 weeks: back in the saddle after a minor scare

Home Forums General Discussion Forum SarahH – 8 weeks: back in the saddle after a minor scare Reply To: SarahH – 8 weeks: back in the saddle after a minor scare

shosking
Participant

Thanks all for the encouraging comments. And I will say, rehab micro-goals are an excellent distraction from all the macro-issues that Covid has unleashed, and the 10k “leash” will prevent me from overdoing it on the bike.

WedgeC: You nailed it on the head: considering how anterior THR is considered the “faster-healing” approach I was taken aback by soreness and how long it’s taking to resume my normal gait (am very nearly there, but not quite as light-footed as before). Granted, my previous time on crutches was after an arthroscopic ACL reconstruction & a tibia stress fracture, so nothing as invasive as replacing the top part of the biggest bone in one’s body ).

AKrunner907: I encourage you to get that bike. I can imagine the scenery and the MTB or gravel possibilities!

HB Tom: Thanks for this site. I told my pro-THR-running surgeon about it and he was extremely interested. 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by shosking.