Reply To: THR December 1 feeling strong.. Prep for running?

Home Forums General Discussion Forum THR December 1 feeling strong.. Prep for running? Reply To: THR December 1 feeling strong.. Prep for running?

WedgeC
Participant

Hello JR and I will certainly not speak from my past experience, but will relay what I am learning as I go through this like you as I am now only 10 days post-op.

From what I have read as a collective opinion from this blog, “somewhere around 90 days“ post-op would be a decent point of reference. Personally, I already see two landmarks before I will think of even jogging for 30 seconds: 1) when I can climb stairs in and “athletic fashion” with zero pain and 2) when I can walk comfortably and briskly with zero pain and no “hitch” in my gait for 30 consecutive minutes. Aside from that, I’m sticking with advice from my experienced PT whom I trust deeply from her own years of athletic and training experience. Right now, when I have green lights on those three, I am going to give it a go! I would love that date to be around March 1 but also have accepted the reality it could be New Year’s Eve 2021!