Reply To: Dave – 10 year hip anniversary running 3,000 miles this year

Home Forums General Discussion Forum Dave – 10 year hip anniversary running 3,000 miles this year Reply To: Dave – 10 year hip anniversary running 3,000 miles this year

Brian
Participant

Dave, I would like to second Tom’s comments. I too was one of the first Hiprunners to sign up on this website 8 years ago. I had my first THR of my left hip in 2012 followed by a THR of my right hip in 2017. This August I will turn 65 years old and am hopeful that I will qualify for the Boston Marathon 10 years after I last qualified. My success will depend on the cooperation I get from my left knee which is becoming a problem. I can honesty say that whenever I experience a lull in my running due to lack of motivation or fear of injury, I log into Hiprunner.com to read what Dave Whiteside is up too. Without exception, after reading one or two of your posts that address the challenges you have overcome to achieve your running goals, I come away with new motivation to work towards my running goals. Your most recent 3,000 miles this year has encouraged me once again. Thank you Dave!