Reply To: THR on July 1, 2020 – working my way back – any input?

Home Forums General Discussion Forum THR on July 1, 2020 – working my way back – any input? Reply To: THR on July 1, 2020 – working my way back – any input?

runnergreg
Participant

Hey Tim, thanks for the additional input. As it turned out, I sought the advice also of a long time running coach who has seen many people begin running again after THR. He advised me that I was really overdoing it with 12 minute runs and pointed out that the discomfort in the groin area is a sure warning sign. So I did back off significantly (to 2 min run/1 min walks) and I am now doing 3 minute runs followed by 1 minute walks. I am up to 22 repetitions, and doing these every other day. I am in Florida now so I am able to do some swimming every day along with exercise biking and core and strength training in the gym. For now I am just trying to find the right combination of run/walk to feel no (or very little) irritation and will monitor it over time as I continue. I am very happy to be able to do some type of running again and the last thing I want to do is mess up my new hip! Thanks again and best of luck to you and everyone else on here.