Reply To: Getting nervous

Home Forums General Discussion Forum Getting nervous Reply To: Getting nervous

Ken
Participant

Brian,

Good luck. I agree with Tom. Be patient. You won’t regret it! You’ll do great. I was more anxious than nervous. I couldn’t wait to have my surgery. Slept really good the night before.

My hip was bone on bone. I couldn’t walk on back to back days and couldn’t ride my bike.

When my doctor came in before the surgery I jokingly asked which hip he was replacing. After he gave me the right answer he asked if he could initial it.

My surgery went really well other than I was given too much pain block. You’re going to have a lot of swelling and you’re leg most likely will be a little longer than other one. Don’t worry about it. When the swelling goes down the leg will shorten up. My leg lengths are almost nearly the same.

Be nice to your physical therapist…lol. They want you to get better. My PT was worse than the surgery. Accept that you’re going to have some bad days. We’ve all had them.

Don’t know how well you tolerate pain but be careful with the meds once you’re home. My worst post-op pain was day six. That was the last day I took a whole pain pill.

I just had my one year check up and my doctor said the new hip looks great. I’m running 4 miles every other day on a soft surface trail at one of our metroparks.

I’ll tell you the same thing I told Jonathan. Don’t hesitate to ask questions. We’ve all been there and we can all relate to what you’re going through.

Please let us know how the surgery went.

Once again good luck!!

Ken