Reply To: THR on July 1, 2020 – working my way back – any input?

Home Forums General Discussion Forum THR on July 1, 2020 – working my way back – any input? Reply To: THR on July 1, 2020 – working my way back – any input?

OB
Participant

Sounds like we are both at the same time frame….you are a little ahead of me. I worked myself up to 15 x 5 minutes with a 1 minute walk. My overall pace was a slow jog working on landing on the middle of my foot to lessen the impact on my hip. I did three times a week, plus biked as much as possible outdoors and swam up to three times per week to get my hard efforts in.

I now am starting to do indoor bike base training using TrainerRoad, continuing to swim and running up to three miles continuously but slow. Sometimes on consecutive days….but not trying to overdo it. Once a week I allow myself to slip on my carbon shoes and run the 3 miles a little faster.

I am setting a longer term plan to run a 5k in January….not fast but to have more structure to my running return and then a faster 5k in April to set me up for duathlonsand sprint triathlons next summer.

I think your plan is good but maybe instead of 5 x 12 minutes…..every time….try adding in 10 x 5 minutes and an occasional 2 to 3 mile continuous slower run. Always with the “what do I feel like the next day” attitude.

One other thing I found helpful, is I started rolling with one of those large foam rollers on the lower back/glute of my replaced hip….that really helped loosen up my ability to lift my leg going up stairs.

Hope that helps…..keep us posted.