Reply To: THR on July 1, 2020 – working my way back – any input?

Home Forums General Discussion Forum THR on July 1, 2020 – working my way back – any input? Reply To: THR on July 1, 2020 – working my way back – any input?

runnergreg
Participant

Hey Tim (and the rest of you) thanks again for your valuable input. Just an update. My hip was feeling really good at the end of the second month so I decided to try some light jogging in September. I started with just 1 minute jogs alternated with 2 minute walks. I would do this one day and just walk the next day, doing some strength, biking and core work every day. No issues so I continued to work up to where I was doing eight 4 minute faster jogs with 1 minute walks in between, by the end of month 3. I am into month 4 now and the love of running has me continuing to increase the slow run intervals and I am now doing five 12 minute slow runs (a slow pace in the high 10’s) alternated with 2 minute walks. Still every other day with walk days in between. I get some pain/stiffness at times but it is not in the hip joint area, most of the time it is in my groin area. Being able to do this feels great but of course I hope I am not damaging my new hip by doing too much too soon. Trying to use how my hip feels as my guide, as many of you suggest. What do you guys think of what I am doing? All the best, Greg