Reply To: Birmingham HR 5 years now

Home Forums General Discussion Forum Birmingham HR 5 years now Reply To: Birmingham HR 5 years now

DeepSeaGoddess
Participant

Hi. I don’t know if mine is the same as yours but I’m almost 17 months post thr on my left hip. At about 4 months I returned to running and was building up pretty well and then at about 7 or 8 months I started having awful pain…. Not as much in the joint but all around the hip and thigh. At my one year checkup with the Dr he took xrays and the new hip is perfect. He sent me back to pt for about 3 months where she landed at that it seems like a lot of scar tissue. I’ve been working it out or trying to painfully with rolling on a lacrosse ball but it is still touch and go. Sometimes I run its OK and sometimes it’s awful. Again not sure if this is what is happening to you but I did read that scar tissue can show up months and even years afterwards. I’ll go out and run and make it for 2 or 3 minutes and have to stop and walk a while. I am now just looking at it as I will get the mileage done and then just walk when I have too. I’m hopeful this will eventually get better.