Reply To: Anterior THR in January

Home Forums General Discussion Forum Anterior THR in January Reply To: Anterior THR in January

Andrew Harris
Participant

Hi,
I had both my hips replaced ( posterior) in April & October 2018, and was running again after 6-7 weeks each time.
Like you I was advised by my surgeon that I shouldn’t run in the future, but told him it was really important to me. I too stumbled across this site, and was encouraged by comments on here.
My ambitions are not set very high. I run a weekly 5k parkrun on a Saturday morning, with 2 on New Years Day. No ambitions to do anything more challenging than that. The best advice here was to listen to your body and not be too ambitious too soon.
Fortunately both my ops have gone well ( ceramic) , and I’m delighted with the results. Running the Great Lines parkrun tomorrow, Shorne Woods on Saturday, then Cyclopark & Shorne Woods on New Years Day.
I suspect all surgeons advice people not to run postop on medico- legal grounds. Mine knew I would start running again, and at my 6 week checkup said I should be ok.
Hope all goes well for you & Happy Christmas.

Andrew Harris