Home › Forums › Questions and Answers › SI Joint/some glute pain anyone else?
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 9 months ago by Dave Whiteside.
- May 31, 2019 at 6:53 am #15251DeepSeaGoddessParticipant
Background, I’ve been a runner for > 10 years…..marathon runner for > 5 years. Earlier this year after suffering from joint pain that severel
[See the full post at: SI Joint/some glute pain anyone else?]
- May 31, 2019 at 8:06 am #15252Hip Brother TomKeymaster
Yes! I experienced it! Your body is adjusting to the new hip and overcompensating for it during this recovery process. Continue the PT and don’t overdo it. You are on the hips schedule now. Listen to the hip. It (or surrounding parts) will bark at you when it is time to take a break. Doesn’t last forever. Your hip will get stronger and this issue should fade.
- This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Hip Brother Tom.
- May 31, 2019 at 9:21 am #15254DeepSeaGoddessParticipant
Thank you so much HipBrother Tom!
- June 15, 2019 at 11:50 am #15291Dave WhitesideParticipant
Yes I’ve had glute issues and soreness in my groin area and had a couple of long stretches where I couldn’t run. I’ve found that being consistent with with stretching, flexibility and strength training, even if it’s just 10 minutes 4 times a week which is what I do, it helps with your running. As Tom said, you still have to listen to your body and make sure you run plenty of easy miles and you’ll be back to running marathons. Good luck on your recovery.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.