Home › Forums › General Discussion Forum › Quarter Marathon (walk)
- This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 11 months ago by Hoppie.
- April 4, 2021 at 3:24 pm #19516
Well, we did it. My partner and I walked a virtual Quarter Marathon yesterday. It took us over 2 hours, but that’s OK. It was a beautiful sunny day an
[See the full post at: Quarter Marathon (walk)]
- April 5, 2021 at 3:19 am #19519OBParticipant
That’s great progress……I started by running ten steps and over the next several months progressed it to up to 100 steps every other or third day. Yes it felt weird to run again and it was a matter of regaining confidence. I always checked in with myself the next day for pain and to make sure I wasn’t over reaching…..my goal was no set backs.
Keep up he great work…..it takes time but you will get there!
- April 5, 2021 at 7:17 am #19521
Thanks, OB. Starting with 10 steps sounds like a good idea. Did you build up your running by yourself, or did you go to PT/athletic training?
- April 7, 2021 at 5:19 am #19525OBParticipant
No PT…..my doctor just gave me paper instructions to follow. I will say that the last thing to come around seems to be my hip flexor…..I had posterior replacement. I do do strength and mobility exercises for runners which any runner should be doing anyway. Monday I did a 13 mile run 9 months post op where I ran 5 minutes and walked 1 minute the entire distance followed by an easy 20 mile bike ride. My running pace was slow keeping my heart rate aerobic.
- April 7, 2021 at 4:21 pm #19529
I had posterior, also.
- April 14, 2021 at 3:34 pm #19539Hip Brother TomKeymaster
Way to go Hoppie. You should celebrate that achievement. Every day will get better! Stay optimistic!
- April 15, 2021 at 1:54 pm #19546
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.