- January 20, 2022 at 7:21 pm #20067
- January 21, 2022 at 7:34 am #20069Hip Brother TomKeymaster
Welcome to the Hip Runner community. You’ve got a good approach getting back to running. Don’t rule out the marathon though… 🙂 It might be in your future some day.
Hip Brother Tom
- January 22, 2022 at 9:04 am #20077CoddfishParticipant
Hi @Kari and welcome. How lucky we are to be able to return to something we love. I had a single full hip replacement in September 21 and am slowly and carefully finding my way back. The biggest challenge I am having is having lost aerobic fitness during my enforced period of not being able to run. The hip is absolutely brilliant.
- February 19, 2022 at 1:35 pm #20112Dave WhitesideParticipant
Hi Kari, I started off running 5K’s and 10K’s but over the last 5 years have moved to ultras as they’re actually a lot easier on my hip, as crazy as that sounds. Listen to you hip, back off when it’s sore and you’ll do fine. Good luck.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.