- March 23, 2021 at 12:31 pm #19495ChristopherKelsallParticipant
Hello, all you superhip peoples: From a personal perspective, things are going well. As an Arthur Lydiard expert (flex) I am doing my first Lydiard cy
[See the full post at: Global One-hour Virtual Race update — how far can you go in an hour? — and a personal update]
- March 27, 2021 at 11:31 pm #19501PetemeadsParticipant
You got me looking back at my old parkrun results – never ran 5k when I was a runner – and my PB came from this week 10 years ago, 22:03 at age 60, equivalent to 17:44 in Master’s terms.
Yesterday’s 5k virtual Club race was 23:41 at age 70 – incredibly, this equates to 17:20 in Master’s terms (using the 2010 stats that parkrun use).
You have cheered me up no end by making me check my ‘progress’ like this! Looking back even further, I found my best performances equated to about 73%, yesterdays was 74.5%
Onwards and upwards!
- March 31, 2021 at 3:03 pm #19506ChristopherKelsallParticipant
Good stuff, Pete.
That’s solid running. Good work.
I am going to try a time trial this Saturday and aim for 13:12, which if I don’t strain too much, I figure will get me to sub-22. Not as good age-graded as you, but happy after 12 years off.
Oh yeah, and my final anaerobic session went well: 3 x 1K @ 4:03, 4:12, 4:15, 3:08 (800m), so average around 4:10-ish). None of that was on the track, but loose gravel, except for the 800m on asphalt. No super shoes.
- This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by ChristopherKelsall.
- April 14, 2021 at 3:42 pm #19542Hip Brother TomKeymaster
Christopher. I hope it went well. I have been side-lined with other priorities! Let’s plan something BIG next year!
Hip Brother Tom
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.