- January 17, 2022 at 7:16 pm #20063
- January 21, 2022 at 7:37 am #20070Hip Brother TomKeymaster
Strength, Self-Discipline and Tenacity will take you a long way! Thanks for the report and the positive outlook! Running truly IS a gift!
Hip Brother Tom
- January 21, 2022 at 5:36 pm #20076
- January 22, 2022 at 9:10 am #20078CoddfishParticipant
I suspect it is tough to recover from 2 surgeries but I very much doubt whether the size of your incision matters. Logically a larger incision meant easier access for the surgeon so it’s a trade off between it and the amount of time the operation takes / amount of pulling around required. Just go with how you feel, I don’t think it can be forced.
- January 25, 2022 at 7:06 pm #20080
Thanks, Janice. I actually wonder if the long incision and the fact that it’s a second surgery are related. I suspect that the surgeon had trouble getting the screws from the surgery out, and that’s one of the reasons my incision is longer. My operation ran quite long–it was supposed to be a 45-minute surgery, but it ended up being 2 hours. (Yikes!) My first surgery was certainly easier to recover from, but that was only a 2 1/2-inch incision.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.